Tuesday 9 August 2016

Editing

Professional editing is an additional cost for indie authors, and may not be perfect going by the number of errors in the ‘big name’ published books. I can go through a ms a dozen times until believing it is perfect. When I get somebody else to read it, they find a few more errors and poorly constructed sentences. After this, I will transfer to my kindle and read it again, and note down more problems. Then publish on kindle, and sometimes get comments that it has not been edited! Using Createspace to produce a printed version, I read the proof copy and find more errors. After making these changes to the printed and kindle versions, I hope to have an acceptable ms. Unfortunately, few people review the books on Amazon, and some comments are either unhelpful or do not match the content. One person may say ‘not enough detail’, while another will say ‘too much detail’. You can’t please all of the people all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment